Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm so bored with the s.n.o.w.*

After that first snow it snowed again, and I took more photos, and I was going to write a blog post about it.

(I thought our shrubbery looked like something out of Dr. Seuss.)

(Cherries under snow, on my way to school...)

(Pirate got brave enough to visit the porch; since then, he's been all the way out IN the snow!)

(Miracle of miracles, the sun was coming out... a welcome sight...)

(... and here I tried to catch the way the sun was casting a gold glow on the snow, making sparkles appear. It was beautiful!)

(A wee snowperson outside my building at school)

(a bicycle on campus, obviously abandoned long ago)

Then we went sledding at a specially built sledding hill at a local park, and I took more photos, and I was going to write a blog post about it.


(check out the steepness of that drop-off!!)

(These guys really enjoyed themselves...)

(... even when they were falling off their sleds!)

(the trail to the sledding hill... but I wouldn't recommend going down it head first!!)

One thing to note here: on what I had already decided was going to be my last run down the sledding hill, I went over a big bump and had a dramatic spill off the sled, tumbling and getting snow up my sleeves & down my boots; the sled even bonked me in the head. And apparently I hit my tailbone on the bump, because it STILL hurts (now 4 days later--sheesh!).

Then it snowed yet again--for more than 24 hours--and I took a few more photos and was going to write a blog post about it... only by that time, the novelty of looking at what everything looks like in the snow had worn off. It's official, I guess: I'm tired of the snow. Or rather, I'm tired of talking about it.

(Here's one of our little mini-snow-plow-brush thingies toodling around campus late that last evening (Feb. 15), trying to stay ahead of the quick-falling snow.)

(Twilight on the cherry tree lane, hushed and darkening...)

(This is the next day; I wish I'd been quicker with my camera--the OWU kid who ran past me was wearing shorts! brrr!)

(everything's lumpy)

It still looks pretty, and sometimes otherworldly, but I want to talk about something else now. Like maybe how it feels to WANT to wear a short-sleeved shirt...

May you have something non-boring to talk about today!
Karen

*(The title is a sort of sideways reference to an old Clash song... and if you click on that link there's an extra song for ya. :) )

2 comments:

  1. soooooooooooooooooo much snow!! such a strange thing to an african like me..i mean. i see it on the top of kilimanjaro and sometimes on the top of meru but that is about it....wow. and thanks for leaving such a lovely comment chez moi! x j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Janelle! It's a lot of snow here, but kind of normal, too, for this region. We got only like a THIRD of what the east coast got... I've been keeping in touch with my friends & family in the DC/Baltimore/Philly area, and what they're dealing with is kind of scary.

    I'll just keep thinking of you and your horses and kids way over there on the other side of the globe... :)

    ReplyDelete